What do women do at the Shed?
We learn! We encourage. We help each other to renovate furniture, build garden benches and we contemplate our next project. And there is laughter as we work on our projects and chat (as long as no-one is drilling or sawing!).
Women are also welcome to come in and enjoy the company of other members over a cuppa or a quiet time in the library.
As the photos scroll on your screen you will see the items that members have made. There are native bee hotels, birds shaped from scrap wood that are excellent garden ornaments, garden benches, Adirondack chairs, coffee tables, renovated tables and chairs. There’s a renovated and much loved toy pram used by at least 2 generations of children. There are mosaiced pots, tables and plant stands. The items in the photos have served to teach us many things.
How to use:
– drop saw, scroll saw, band saw and hand saw;
– orbital sander, palm sander, belt sander and sandpaper;
– electric drill and driver.
How to choose:
– drill bits – counter sink or not?
– dowell join or glue & screw or both? – can never be too careful!
– to clamp or not to clamp .. that is a question too.
How to plan and measure up to:
– build a coffee table
– renovate a garden table
– make a pot plant stand to fit the pot!
What do women do at the Shed? .. we learn, have fun, create and accept and encourage each other.
We welcome you to our shared space.